The Mission of Ignite Innovation Academy is to ignite, inspire, and promote a positive learning environment where all children can learn and be successful socially, emotionally, and academically.
The core values of Ignite Innovation Academy - Pitt promote culture of resiliency that focuses on mitigating risk factors that may hinder academic and social growth. The six key tenets of our values are:
- Increase bonding or connectedness where learners, parents, staff, and the community are responsible, involved partners in the educational process and achievement of all children.
- Set and communicate high and realistic expectations for academics and character that are fostered in interest-based and service-based learning opportunities.
- Teach life skills such as critical thinking, conflict resolution, teamwork, etc. in order to help students navigate their learning environments.
- Provide opportunities for meaningful participation through project-based learning, service projects, and some ownership of their learning.
- Set clear goals and boundaries in order to ensure accountability and fairness.
- Provide care and support through a caring relationship structure between all educational stakeholders.